Get to know your cat’s oral microbiome with our simple at-home sampling kit and comprehensive report. Receive fast results straight to your inbox.*
Powered by the most comprehensive DNA sequencing technology and innovative scientific research available, the KittyBiome Oral Health Test can accurately detect hundreds of bacteria from your cat’s mouth.
Key Features Of Your Cat’s Interactive Report:
- Learn about your cat’s unique oral flora and the state of your cat’s oral health.
- Identify bacterial overgrowths and imbalances.
- Get precise detection of bacteria associated with oral and dental diseases, even before symptoms arise.
- Screen for beneficial oral bacteria; learn how to introduce ones that are missing and promote the growth of the ones that are present.
- Receive customized, science-backed recommendations for how to optimize your cat’s oral health.
- Discuss your cat’s results with one of our friendly microbiome test experts during a complimentary 15-minute consult.
When to use to the KittyBiome Oral Health Test:
- Determine the underlying cause of bad breath, gum disease, tooth loss, and other oral health issues.
- Make informed choices about your cat’s oral health routine.
- Monitor oral pathogens without visiting the vet’s office.
- Measure the effectiveness of your cat’s oral and dental care routine. For example, you can track the changes in your cat’s oral microbiome before and after a professional dental cleaning.
- Establish a baseline of your cat’s oral microbiome profile.
- Engage your curiosity by exploring a detailed profile of the invisible organisms living in your cat’s mouth.
*The vast majority of reports are completed within 2 weeks of being received by our laboratory.
Have more questions? Contact Us.
Wearing the provided gloves, you’ll be swabbing your cat’s gum lines. This takes 1-2 minutes. You’ll place the swab in a tube that is filled with a preservative solution, and mail it back to us in the provided return mailer.
Your cat’s results will be ready in about 2 weeks from when we receive your sample at our laboratory. We will send you an email notification when the test results are ready, which you can access via our online Pet Portal.
See detailed instructions here .
The at-home Oral Health Test kit contains everything you need, including step-by-step instructions, to take a sample of your cat’s mouth and mail it back to AnimalBiome’s laboratory. The kit includes:
- Sample tubes
- Return mailer
- Test kit box